All living things are equipped to produce them naturally. However, as we get older, our body's enzyme production process begins to slows down...generally in our late 20s to early 30s. In order to replenish this enzyme deficiency later in life, supplemental enzymes are available.
Here are 7 reasons to consider adding them to your daily regimen:
1. Enzymes are natural. Supplemental enzymes are taken from various sources (plants, animals, fungus), but they are not engineered in a lab with synthetic components.
2. As we age (generally around age 30), our body's natural enzyme production decreases, reducing the efficiency of our normal body functions.
3. They are a critical part of our daily lives. They assist with digestion, blood flow, and act as a therapeutic agent for inflammatory conditions.
4. They help control the metabolic processes in the body in which food nutrients are converted to energy.
5. Enzymes speed up chemical reactions in the body without being consumed in the process. Therefore, helping with quicker recovery.
6. The Lipase enzyme helps the body digest fat! Enough said.
7. No lingering side effects. Enzymes may produce a temporary detox reaction (slight headache, increased bowel movement) in some individuals, but you won't end up with 20 more health issues than you originally started with.