With the digestive changes inherent to environmental or dietary changes, birthing and laying, transporting, medication, weaning, and other practices common to horse rearing, the bacterial balance of the horse’s digestive system is a critical component to its overall health. Taking a probiotic digestive formula is the best guard against digestive upset and potentially serious ailments.
Novequin, from top supplement maker, Arthur Andrew Medical, contains beneficial bacterial forms that help a horse’s digestive system to preserve itself in the face of many health threats. As such, it is widely regarded as both an effective treatment and prevention for a number of disorders, including:
- Upset stomach
- Founder or Laminitis
- Autoimmune disorders as well as weakened immune system
Novequin has also been proven effective in enhancing appetite, improving hoof quality and coat appearance, managing a healthy weight, and enhancing endurance and performance.
The supplement itself depends on the activity of living organisms, known as probiotics, which loosely translates to mean “helpful bacteria.” Every horse needs these beneficial bacteria in its digestive tract: it’s a well established fact that many ailments are directly caused by the overgrowth of harmful bacteria that essentially overpower the helpful ones.
By adding probiotics directly to your horse’s diet, you can ensure that his digestive tract has all the help it needs. Your horse will then be able to properly process all the nutrients in his food, which in turn will play their part in the health and performance of your horse.
In addition to the active probiotics, Novequin contains the following nutritional additives:
- A protease that works to break down proteins for proper absorption into the bloodstream.
- Cellulase and hemicellulase that work to break down fibers for absorption into the circulatory system.
- An amylase that works to break down starches for absorption into the system.
- The trademarked Vitafiber medium, which serves to promote the growth of probiotics within the horse’s digestive system.
- Calcium Carbonate.
- Brewer’s yeast.
What Buyers Like About the Product
The advantages of this natural health supplement extend to matters reaching far beyond an occasional upset stomach. In short, a horse’s digestive abilities affect every aspect of its overall health.
It is therefore not very surprising that the advantages of this supplement are numerous:
- Novequin offers a viable nutritional supplement for horses in every stage of its life. From foals that have not yet developed the requisite digestive bacteria to adult horses facing stressors to environmental changes, the boost of beneficial bacteria is unfailingly helpful.
- The supplement is available in a powder form that is easily added to a horse’s feed.
- The proprietary blend of probiotics does not include insulin, which has been linked to gas and colic, so you need not worry that your horse will get gas as a result of this supplement.
- The inclusion of enzymes (amylase, protease, and cellulase) to help break down the feed within your horse’s digestive tract also helps prevent undigested feed from fermenting within the stomach.
What Buyers Don’t Like About the Product
Some new users of Novequin DPF have initially questioned the necessity of spending money on any nutritional supplement. They sometimes even point to the natural state of wild horses as proof that such supplements aren’t needed for a horse, to maintain a reasonable level of good health.
These same doubters, however, are quickly converted by the comparative cost of even a single veterinary bill for any of those conditions in which administration of Novequin DPF might have prevented. A single episode of illness can prove far more costly than the minimal price of maintaining a regular dietary supplement.
Additionally, it must be noted that horses in the wild are not universally healthy, and nor are they subjected to the stresses of transport and tailoring, shows, riders, and other experiences unique to domesticated horses. Domestic horses may reasonably be expected to require additional nutritional and health assistance, owing to their high ‘stress’ level.
Many horse owners swear by liquid probiotics versus those in a powder form, but Novequin is a highly-concentrated formula, from a manufacturer that prides itself on quality above all else when it comes to their products.
Horses of every age and circumstance stand to benefit from the inclusion of Novequin DPF to their regular dietary regimen. The incidence of illness could be measurably decreased, and the health and performance of the horse may noticeably improve with the digestive aid of the probiotics and enzymes incorporated in the Novequin supplement. Isn’t that what you’re looking for?